Isn’t this just the cutest thing?!? Sorry, I realize I post a lot of girlie things. What can I say – girlie stuff is so fun!
- Cut six pieces of 3/8″ (9.5mm) grosgrain ribbon: Two pieces that are 2.75″ (7cm), two pieces that are 2.5″ (6.35cm), and two pieces that are 2″ (5cm).
- Fold and glue ribbons as shown.
- Glue longest loops on ribbon lined single prong alligator clip. Click here to view how to line alligator clips.
- Glue 2.5″ loops as shown.
- Glue 2″ loops as shown.
- Make a knot (same as tying shoes).
- Adjust so the 2 loops are even.
- Pull the ends so the loops are small enough for the tree top.
- Cut the ends of the gold ribbon so the bow top covers about 3/4″ of the tree.
Glue bow top to the tree.
Clip it onto hair.
- You can use fabric glue or a hot glue gun.
- Single prong alligator clips can be found at beauty supply stores or online.
- Ribbons can be found at local craft stores or online.
- Be careful. Don’t burn your fingers. Keep around a bowl of ice water. Submerge your hand immediately if you do happen to drop some glue on it.
- 3/8″ apple green ribbon
- Single prong alligator clip
- 3/8″ brown or turftan ribbon
1/4″ gold ribbon (the kind being used here is Offray GALENA which can be found at Walmart, similar large department stores or local craft stores)
- Fabric-tac and glue gun (high temperature glue gun works better)
This awesome tutorial by Erin Loechner can be found on her blog with lots of other DIY stuff!